Thursday, July 31, 2014

Israel Has Lost All Moral Authority

The image above (which a blogger friend shared via Facebook) is horrible and perhaps I am susceptible to easy emotion because I have young grandchildren in the same general age bracket as the young victim of Israeli war crimes (at least that's how I see the situation).  Ironically, once upon a time I was sympathetic to Israel and thought its military action against Palestinians justified if not overly palatable.   But no more.  Under Netanyahu and his government, Israel acts more like 1940's Nazi murderers that helped prompt Israel's creation.  Hamas supposedly represents a threat to Israel, yet the dead are over 10 to 1 Palestinian versus Israeli.  And the number of children being killed is horrific.  

I for one am tired of being forced to unwillingly subsidize Israel's murder of children through American military aid to Israel.  I've told my U.S. Senators as much.  Tim Kaine sent me a mealy mouthed response that basically said nothing and which I take as an insult to my intelligence.  Mark Warner hasn't even bothered to reply - his campaign just got a pretty nasty e-mail from  me that I will share with readers if I do not get a response tomorrow.

Part of what bothers me in addition to the deaths of innocents is the mindset evidenced by Israel which mirrors the Christofascists/Tea Party elements of the GOP base: if one isn't of the same skin color and/or religious belief construct, then you are not human and are worthy of death and mayhem.  Religion is a poison and it is what needs to be eradicated from the face of the planet.

Assholes like Victoria Cobb, Maggie Gallagher, and Tony Perkins, et al, spend millions against gay marriage and the dissemination of hatred when there are far larger evils to be defeated, starting with religious based bigotry and hatred.  If they are what Christianity is all about, please consider me an atheist.  Their God is nothing less than horrifically evil.  Ditto for Netanyahu's God.

2 comments:

Angelo Ventura said...

I used to be pro-Israel, but Netanyahu's butchering of innocent people is unspeakably cruel. As it was Hamas' and Al Fatah's butchering of innocent people. What is U.N. doing about it, besides ineffectual protests?

Angelo Ventura said...

I used to be pro-Israel, but Netanyahu's butchering of innocent people is unspeakably cruel. As it was Hamas' and Al Fatah's butchering of innocent people. What is U.N. doing about it, besides ineffectual protests?