Tuesday, December 18, 2012

James Dobson: Connecticut Shooting was God's Punishment for Abortion and Gay Marriage

The horrific tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut has once more prompted the nations leading hate merchants conservative Christians to once again show the true ugliness of their hate and fear based form of Christianity.  Right Wing Watch reports on a plethora of batshitery that has been spouted by the "godly Christian" folk.   Those whom I call the "good Christians" who parallel the silence of "good Germans" in Germany in the 1930's have been once again conspicuous by their silence thereby reinforcing the message to younger generations that Christianity in the final analysis is a toxic blight on America.  No matter what the tragedy, the hate merchants always attribute the cause to be the fact that many of us - indeed, more every single day - refuse to subscribe to their Neolithic era derived religious beliefs.   James Dobson, founder of the cancer like Focus on the Family joined the chorus of haters and blamed the carnage on abortion and gay marriage.  Here are highlights from Right Wing Watch:

James Dobson dedicated his radio program this morning to discussing Friday's tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Connecticut, which he attributed to the fact that God has "allowed judgment to fall upon us" because the nation has turned its back on him by accepting things like abortion and gay marriage:

Our country really does seem in complete disarray. I'm not talking politically, I'm not talking about the result of the November sixth election; I am saying that something has gone wrong in America and that we have turned our back on God.

I mean millions of people have decided that God doesn't exist, or he's irrelevant to me and we have killed fifty-four million babies and the institution of marriage is right on the verge of a complete redefinition. Believe me, that is going to have consequences too.

And a lot of these things are happening around us, and somebody is going to get mad at me for saying what I am about to say right now, but I am going to give you my honest opinion: I think we have turned our back on the Scripture and on God Almighty and I think he has allowed judgment to fall upon us. I think that's what's going on.
I would argue that if anyone deserves to have "God's judgment" to fall on them, it is horrible, hate filled folks like Dobson and his knuckle dragging followers.  They are the real plague on the country.

No comments: